Saturday, June 25, 2011

Owyhee Bloom

Nothing but dirt, rocks, and if your lucky the occasional flower. This year if you ventured into the Owyhee Desert it is hard not to get lucky. This spring has been an exceptional wildflower season. Still in full swing this last week of June, and should stay with us for another week or two.


This grouping of Lupine can be photographed from the McIntyre Ridge Road near 3 Fingers Butte. The roads are in good shape and the camping is good at near by Succor Creek State Park, in the far eastern edge of Oregon.





Three Fingers Butte, known by the locals as Three Fingered Jack rises above the sage brush floor near Succor Creek State Park.

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing better than wildflowers having a fling on the mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark. Absolutely love your stunning photos of the Owyhees especially the top one. I also like your post on the dam. I have a gardening blog and I recently did a post on my mom's garden in the Owyhees and just thought i would share. Please excuse the photos, they are totally lame compared to anything you would do but just thought you might enjoy the post. If you ever teach a class on digital photography please let me know...I would love to learn as I am really a novice...

    My blog is igardendaily.com and the post is titled, "Friday Favorite, An Inspirational Garden in the Owyhee Mountains.

    ReplyDelete