Monday, March 15, 2010

Black and White Desert

Consider a landscape void of color. A world of shape and repetitive pattern, a terrain of natural design, This is the true North American desert. Colorless, and bleached, are much of the 5 North American deserts. 



Filled with strong shape, rhythmic texture and a sea of monochromatic tones that are perfect for the black and white image. 

Black and white is often overlooked as a photographic option in the desert. Many people are drawn on the strong color of the red rock country. Don't stop short, look past the obvious and concentrate on the pure natural composition that is presented so intense in the desert environment. The rhythm of the desert is remarkable.



2 comments:

  1. Mark - I have a similar shot (not as cool/different rock formation) in as the bottom image. Have fun in July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Mark! Love the shapes and textures. I know this is about black and white, but I bet they are awesome in color too! I keep looking back at the bottom image. It is mesmerizing and I can't help feeling like I am looking up at the sky?

    ReplyDelete